Within the 12-month-project, Civic Education teachers will be trained in interactive emancipatory methodology, by referring to the concepts of Simulation Games and Theater in Education. Through a hybrid approach, combining online and residential activities we enrich methodological diversity at Georgian schools, contribute to the creation of modern teaching material and facilitate opening prospects for the future for pupils all over Georgia, after over one year of online learning due to the pandemic.
01.08.2021 – 31.07.2022
Civic education teachers
Students from all regions of Georgia
Throughout different activities, the project aims to improve the quality of teaching civic education in Georgian schools by providing the teachers with the competencies for implementing a democratic educational approach as well as mainstreaming it among other colleagues. It also is going to enable high school students to deal with social conflicts on the basis of critical thinking and informed opinions.
The project involves 2 groups:
- The primary target group of the project are Civic Education teachers in Georgia. In the Capacity Development component of the project around 200 CE-teachers from the ten regions will be introduced to the methods of the Simulation Games and Theatre in Education. Later in the project, 20 teachers (2 from each region) will participate in the intensive training and become multipliers at their local schools.
- By working with CE teachers from all regions of Georgia a minimum of 500 students will be reached through the teachers and benefit directly from the new methods.
- Project Presentation and participants acquise: the project starts with an online presentation of the project to all interested people. This allows us to disseminate enough information before the selection process and start building synergies with other projects in the field.
- Residential Training: selected participants receive an introduction to the method of simulation games and theatre in education.
- Webinars on the latest developments in methodology and didactic are conducted by local experts from universities, think tanks and professionals from other organisations.
- Study visit and training in Berlin: Development of new tailor-made simulation games and a toolkit about theatre in education.
- Implementation of the newly developed materials and feedback.
- Evaluation Seminar
Outcomes / Achievements
Within the scope of the project, participants will get to know about different interactive educational methods, such as simulation game approach and theatre tools; try to use them in their educational institutions. Also during the project, several simulation games will be created in Georgian language on the topics of human rights, rule of law, gender equality etc and theatre tools will be used in Civic Education courses.